Summer 2021 – Camp GORP
Hi there Christodora Families and Students!
Last summer, we managed to to bring our students and community together to celebrate nature and the outdoors, science, and the fun of connecting, through our virtual “Camp GORP.”
For the summer of 2021, we are excited to announce the launch of Christodora’s “Camp GORP” IN PERSON!
As a GORPER you will get the chance to:
· Discover local New York City Nature
· Enjoy our famous Christodora team-building games and have fun
· Complete environmental stewardship projects and help beautify your city
· Have Camper’s Choice where you will dive deeper into topics such as: Birdwatching, Survival Skills, Citizen Science, Environmental Justice, Cultural Awareness, and more!
· Discover more about environmental careers and advocacy from Christodora Alumni
· Receive a GORP t-shirt and other special supplies for camp activities!
· Play games and make new friends — and yes, did we mention Have Fun!
Camp GORP is open to all NYC public school students who are currently in grades 6 through 8.
Session Schedule: One-week sessions, Monday through Friday, 10 am – 4 pm.
- July 12- July 16: “Plant Week”
- July 19 – July 23: “Animal Week”
- July 26- July 31: “Plant Week”
- August 2 – August 6: “Animal Week”
- August 9 – August 13: “Plant Week”
- August 16- August 20: “Animal Week”
Apply today as space is very limited! APPLY HERE!
It has been more important than ever to remember our 3 R’s (Respect, Responsibility, Risk) and to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe. We follow COVID safety protocols and will review these in detail with each student and their caregivers.
As with all Christodora programs, the cost per GORP session is on a sliding scale based on each student’s household’s ability to pay. We will NEVER let cost get in the way! We will post the scholarship grid soon, but if you have questions please reach out to Alejandro and Keilyn at firstname.lastname@example.org).