Summer 2020 – Camp GORP
Hi there Christodora Families and Students!
It has been great to keep in touch with many of you even during these difficult times, through our virtual Saturday meet-ups. Now that June is here, we wish we were looking forward to camp with you– but as you have heard, we are unable to have an in-person camp program at Manice this year due to Covid-19. We do want to continue to bring our students and community together to celebrate nature and the outdoors, science, and the fun of connecting in raccoon circles.
SO, we’re excited to announce the launch of Christodora’s “Camp GORP” for Summer 2020! See our flyer with session dates: click HERE!
We wanted to reach out to you first to join us for this summer’s virtual adventure. Instead of sleepaway summer camp, we’re launching one-week and two-week day sessions (Monday- Friday) to connect GORPERS to the environment and each other.
As a GORPER you will get the chance to:
· Discover local New York City Nature even from your home
· Enjoy our famous Christodora team-building games and have fun
· Attend evening storytimes and “campfires” (including skits!) with your peers, family, and staff
· Complete art projects
· Participate in “Cooking With George” sessions- with George form Manice!
· Have Camper’s Choice where you will dive deeper into topics such as: Birdwatching, Survival Skills, Citizen Science, Environmental Justice, Cultural Awareness, and more!
· Discover more about environmental careers and advocacy from Christodora Alumni
· Receive a GORP t-shirt, a cookbook from George, and special supplies for camp activities!
· Play games and make new friends — and yes, did we mention Have Fun!
Camp GORP is open to all NYC public school students!
Apply today as space is limited! Click on the following link: Click HERE!
It has been more important than ever to remember our 3 R’s (Respect, Responsibility, Risk) and to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe. While we’re heartbroken not to have a traditional summer camp at Manice this year, we would love to see you at our raccoon circle.
The cost per GORP session is only $20 per student. We realize that many families already paid the fees for a Manice session. There are 3 choices (you can click the links below or email Alejandro at firstname.lastname@example.org):
1. If you are attending Camp GORP for $20, we can refund you the difference: click here and request a refund of the amount over $20. (be sure to include your camper’s name and current address)
2. If you are not attending Camp GORP, you can click here to request a full refund (be sure to include your camper’s name and current address)
3. Families can also choose to donate any amount of their refund toward Christodora programs. Click here to confirm that you would like your fee to be counted as a contribution.
Grades 7/8 (Session 2): July 6-10 and July 13-17 (2 weeks)
Grades 6/7 (Session 1): July 20-24 (1 week)
Grades 8/9 (Session 3): July 27-31 and August 3-7 (2 weeks)
Grades 10-12 (Session 4 – High School Leadership Course): August 10-14 and 18-21 (2 weeks)